Classification and Keying Lab p. 63
establish relationships among organisms based on shared traits.
key involves making a choice between two possibilities using if ... then ... logic.
An example with MendAliens,
using a diagram representing clades.
- PART A - KEYING PETS
p. 64 Dog, cat, parakeet, goldfish, rabbit: key:
- Construct a key for your favorite pet.
(Data sheet p. 67).
- PART B - KEYING CLASSMATES
Construct a key for 6-8 students.
- PART C - KEYING "FISH" p. 65
Construct a key for fish;
may be helpful to know fish anatomy.
An example incorrect key.
- PART D - KEYING AND BIODIVERSITY p. 66
- PART E - QUESTIONS p. 70
- Construct another different key for the 5 pets.
SKIP #3, #4